Mothers and Friends Dinner Auction
The Mothers and Friends annual dinner auction, one of Mater Dei’s largest fundraising events, will be held Saturday, April 6, 2019. This wonderful evening of fine food and friendship provides an opportunity to raise funds that are vital to the success of Mater Dei Catholic High School.
Donations: To contribute to the dinner auction’s success through a donation of items or custom services, please submit the dinner auction donation form. You may donate individually or coordinate with friends to donate a larger item, such as the always popular tailgating parties, card parties, and dinners.
Reservations: Information will be provided when finalized.
Raffles: Information will be provided when finalized.
Additional Information: For additional information, please visit the “Mater Dei Mothers & Friends Dinner Auction” Facebook page or email email@example.com.
NEW FOR 2019 Mobile Bidding: We are excited to announce that we are partnering with GiveSmart (formerly known as Gesture), a mobile fundraising platform, to bring mobile bidding to the Mothers & Friends dinner auction! Thus, the in-person auction experience will remain the same as previous years, but with less paper. Additional information will be provided as the event draws near, but key introductory information is provided below.
- Reservations will remain the same – invitations will be mailed, and guests will return their RSVP cards and payments to Mater Dei.
- Guests must include an email address on the RSVP card in order to receive a link that allows them to register in advance, which will minimize wait time in the registration line the night of the dinner auction.
- While guests must register with a credit card, payment may be made via credit card, cash, or check at checkout.
- GiveSmart staff and volunteers will be available to assist guests with questions and bidding.
- GiveSmart staff and volunteers with iPads will be available to assist guests who do not own or do not want to use a mobile device.
- Items on the silent auction, super silent auction, and blackboard auction will be available for viewing. Guests will simply now bid using a mobile device.
- Guests may purchase raffle tickets, grab bags, and souvenir bar glasses at the applicable booths using the “traditional” method (writing their name and bid number on a charge sheet).
- The process for oral auction bids and fund-a-need donations will remain the same – guests will utilize their bid number paddle.
- For a more detailed overview, we invite you to view the “How to Bid – Gesture Mobile Bidding” video
- For additional information, we invite you to review the “Mobile Bidding FAQ” document