Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in Mater Dei Catholic High School’s not-for-profit fund raising efforts, the Office of Advancement declares that all donors to Mater Dei Catholic High School and the Mater Dei Foundation have these rights:
1. To be informed of Mater Dei Catholic High School’s Mission, of the way the high school intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
2. To be informed of the identity of those serving on the Mater Dei School and Foundation Boards, and to expect the boards to exercise prudent judgment in their stewardship responsibilities.
3. To have access to Mater Dei Catholic High School’s most recent Annual Report.
4. To be assured that their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
5. To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition for donations made and/or in-kind services rendered.
6. To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law. In addition, no credit card numbers are kept on file, all personal information is properly disposed of after being entered into the database, and names of our donors are not shared as a list with other organizations.
7. To expect that all relationships between individuals representing Mater Dei Catholic High School and the donor will be professional in nature.
8. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of Mater Dei Catholic High School, or hired solicitors.
9. To have the opportunity for their names to be used or withheld from any list of public recognition.
10. To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers.